BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Guitar Cake

My brother in law's birthday is on the 4th of July. I wanted to make him a sweet cake that had absolutely nothing to do with the 4th. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, and he said it didn't matter what it looked like, just as long as it was German chocolate with coconut and pecan filling. I decided to go all out and secretly took pictures of his bass guitar (which is his baby) to make a replica of his bass out of cake. It was German chocolate, just how he wanted it, and he was so surprised when I brought it in the house. Right away he grabbed his bass and started comparing it to the cake, and he was shocked at how detailed the cake was, and how much it was the same as his bass. Overall, the cake turned out great and he was thrilled!! 
Here is his cake....


and here is the cake with the inspiration!


The cake got a thumbs up from the birthday boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment